firstname.lastname@example.org * www.weif.net * 406-782-4569
Position as Web Developer, Information Architect, Web Standards Specialist, or Usability/Compatibility Architect.
Paydirt Design LLC, Butte, MT
- Dec. 2008-Present
- Title: Co-Owner and Lead Developer
- Supervisor: Adam Munson
Responsibilities: Maintain and monitor web hosting environment, manage CentOS (Linux) and FreeBSD servers, and manage and coordinate manual and automated backup processes for hosted web clients. Design and develop web-based systems to support high quality web sites for client businesses and organizations, and provide business impact assessments to clients both before and after deployment of their web site. http://www.paydirtdesign.com/
RightNow Technologies, Inc., Bozeman, MT
- Aug. 1999-Jan. 2009
- Title: Webmaster
- Supervisor: Rory Edwards
Responsibilities: Maintain corporate web site and affiliated systems and content including advanced marketing automation systems, web servers, content management systems, site tracking software, and other supplemental content. Management and deployment of extensive marketing automation system including both data collection and content delivery (email and web). Provide recommendations on design, content, search engine optimization, and site implementation. Perform ongoing research into new or alternate technologies, their uses and implementation, and cost effectiveness and appropriateness to business objectives. http://www.rightnow.com/
Avicom, Inc., Bozeman, MT
- Sept. 1996-Aug. 1999
- Title: Webmaster
- Supervisor: Jennifer Metier
Responsibilities: Implementation and design of commercial web sites, new technology research, search engine research. Development of site design booklet for clients and internal site development processes to expedite new site deployment. Communicate with sales staff and other web developers and designers to coordinate and facilitate projects in a team environment. Image editing, page layout, text editing, and site flow/architecture development. http://www.avicom.net/
Montana State University-Bozeman, College of Education, Health and Human Development, Bozeman, MT
- Sept 1995-May 1996
- Title: Web Consultant
- Supervisor: Larry J. Baker
Responsibilities: Design of HTML documents to advertise the College of Education, Health and Human Development at Montana State University, Bozeman (EHHD). Worked with other staff members to present their ideas on the web. Translated WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and ASCII files to HTML for publication. Creation and modification of graphics for use on web pages advertising EHHD. http://www.montana.edu/wwwed/
Personal Web Site(s), Bozeman, MT
- Title: Webmaster/Site Owner
- Supervisor: Keith Seyffarth
Responsibilities: Maintenance of personal web site reflecting my own interests. Support of new aquarium owners through the First Tank Guide. These sites average 3,000 daily visits with no promotion, and show regular year-over-year increases in traffic. http://www.weif.net/ - http://www.firsttankguide.net/ - http://www.rpgcalendar.net/
- Scripting, Programming and Markup: HTML, CSS, RSS, PHP, Apache SSI, MySQL.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 and XP, UN*X including FreeBSD, NetBSD, Red Hat Linux
- Applications: RightNow CRM, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Photoshop CS, EMACS, Pivotal Market First, RedDot CMS, WebSideStory HitBox, Omniture Site Catalyst, multiple web browsers, multiple email clients.
- Deep understanding of browser compatibility issues in both web user agents and email user agents. Understanding of content delivery and usability issues for online content for web users and email recipients.
- Experience developing standards compliant and cross-browser compatible web sites since 1993.
Studies in Art, Biology, Education, English, Instructional Computing, and Women's Studies - Montana State University-Bozeman, 1989-1996